Friday, May 23, 2008

A Few Memorial Day Quotes

Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.
- Daniel Webster

The brave die never, though they sleep in dust:
Their courage nerves a thousand living men.
- Minot J. Savage

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
- Lee Greenwood

The story of America's quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots.
- Randy Vader

Spirit, that made those heroes dare
To die, and leave their children free,
Bid Time and Nature gently spare
The shaft we raise to them and thee.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The patriot's blood is the seed of Freedom's tree.
- Thomas Campbell

They are dead; but they live in each Patriot’s breast,
And their names are engraven on honor’s bright crest.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: